Health services including Specialty Orthopaedics are allowed to remain OPEN.
We have the best interests of our patients, staff and community as our priority. There are measures that our practice is undertaking and will continue to practice in line with Department of Health advice and guidelines.
- 1. If you have FEVER, COUGH or ANY FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS, we request you to please reschedule your appointment
- We offer telehealth as an option. This means that your doctor can call you or video conference.
- We have reduced the number of doctors and appointments to minimize crowding in the waiting room and in line with the current recommendations.
WEARING OF FACE MASKS - PATIENTS AND VISITORS
All patients and visitors must bring and wear a mask to their appointment
- Masks will be provided for all clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Hand hygiene must be carried out prior to wearing and taking off the mask
- A disposable mask can be worn for up to 4 hours continuously, however if the mask is soiled in anyway this must be replaced with a new one.
NO MASK NO VISIT
CLOTH MASKS NON-CLINICAL STAFF ONLY
- Cloth masks can be worn by non-clinical staff only, must be three layers, allow two cloth masks per shift so they can be changed as needed.
- Cloth masks must be washed daily
How to wear a face mask
OUR WAITING ROOM
Number of people in the waiting room must be kept to a minimum.
We have rearranged our consulting and waiting rooms to practice social distancing
- We have spread our chairs out in the waiting room.
- It would be advisable to stay outdoors or in your car and come in for your appointment just before it begins.
- We strongly suggest the patient arrives ALONE for their appointment or if really needed only having 1 other person.
- If your doctor is running late, we will advise you to wait outdoors or in your car, and call you once the doctor is ready.
- Hand sanitizers are available in our clinics for patients and staff and must be used on arrival and exit.
- There will be disinfectant solution and cleaners to clean surfaces on regular basis.
- We have removed any items that may be frequently handled by multiple people e.g. magazines
- We have reduced the number of staff working at any one time.
- Any staff member who is symptomatic is to be quarantined, advised not to turn up to work and get tested.
- Maintain a clean and clutter free environment at all times.
- Our staff may work remotely when feasible. They are still contactable.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Practice social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart from people. Avoid prolonged contact with people unless necessary.
- Maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub:
• Before entering an area used by other people
• After using the bathroom
• After coughing or sneezing
• Before & after eating food
- Practice good cough/sneeze etiquette by keeping away from other people, using disposable
tissues or clothing (e.g. Into your elbow), disposing of the tissues and masks and cleaning your
- Patients must use hand sanitizer on arrival and departure from the rooms
For further information about Coronavirus please refer to
- call 1800 022 222
- contact your GP
Specialty Orthopaedics, wish you and your family the best in these uncertain times. We are in this together and here for you.
Bella Vista Bowral Chatswood Concord Darlinghurst Eastwood Gregory Hills Macquarie Parramatta Wahroonga
All correspondence PO Box 8191, Baulkham Hills BC NSW 2153
Enquiries T 61 2 9806 3333 . F 61 2 9806 3398 . W www.specialtyorthopaedics.com.au